You want Restore unsaved PowerPoint on your computer. This accidentally closed before you had time to save it. You put a lot of time and effort into it and therefore you can’t afford to lose it. If so, then this article will be very helpful to you in this case. In fact, you will find several solutions for Recover unsaved PowerPoint files under Windows.
So that you can do it without any difficulty, we have attached some screenshots to this article. So you won’t have a problem Recover deleted PowerPoint document Even if you are a computer newbie. In any case, not as long as you apply the methods described below to the character.
How to recover unsaved or deleted PowerPoint file on Windows?
Solution 1: Recover PowerPoint file via Office AutoRecover
Your PPT document has closed unexpectedly. Therefore, you cannot save the last changes you made to it. If so, know that you can easily recover them using Office AutoRecover feature. This is enabled by default in recent versions of Microsoft Office PowerPoint from 2007 onwards.
over here How to recover unsaved PowerPoint Using the Auto Backup feature in Office.
Step 1: Access the “Record” option in Office PowerPoint
- Launch the PPT program and select ” Options“.
- Then click ” registration“.
Step 2: Get the location of the Office AutoRecover PPT file
To retrieve the latest version of a presentation that was automatically saved by Office PowerPoint, you need to know its location on your computer. To find out, just look at the option ” AutoRecover file location In fact, in front of it you will find the path that leads to the location of the automatic backup file.
Step 3: Go to the location of the Office AutoRecover PPT file
Copy the location of the file in the PPT program and paste it into the Windows File Explorer navigation bar.
This first solution didn’t work for you, it doesn’t matter. There are other solutions that are more effective and still can help you get your PPT back.
Solution 2: Recover deleted PowerPoint file with Tenorshare 4DiG Data Recovery [le plus efficace]
A PowerPoint file that was accidentally deleted or overwritten can also be recovered using specialized software such as 4DDiG Data Recovery. Very easy to use and free, this application will be your best ally to recover your precious PPT document. We show you How to Find Unsaved PowerPoint With 4DiG.
Step 1: Install 4DiG Data Recovery on your computer
First, you need to install Tenorshare 4DiG Data Recovery on your computer.
Once connected to the platform, download the (Windows or Mac) version of the software that is compatible with your computer.
- To download the version for Mac, you must first click on the link “ Also available for MacThis is located directly below. Download “.
Step 2: Select the storage where the lost PPT file was saved
After installing 4DiG Data Recovery, launch it. You will find all your local drives… as well as the external media connected to your device. Select the one in which you lost the presentation to restore it. If it is not connected to your computer yet, now is the time to do so.
Step 3: Scan files
Once you have identified the drive, you need to analyze it. In the pop up displayed, you are prompted to choose the file types to recover. You have five options in total: Photos, Videos, Documents, Audio, and more. Since the file to be recovered is a PowerPoint presentation, you have to deselect all file types except Document.
- Once done, click on Document scanning onlyto start the scan.
Step 4: Recover accidentally deleted PowerPoint file
After scanning the drive, Tenorshare 4DiG Data Recovery displays the results. To quickly find your PPT presentation, you will adjust loopback.
To do this, start by checking, in the left column, the categories of the file to be recovered. Since this is a document that was deleted by mistake, you need to check the categories ” deleted files” And the ” Basket “.
- PowerPoint files have the extension PPT or PPTX. To quickly find them, you only need to check the document format.
- Once you’ve verified the file format(s), you can start restoring them. To do this, just click on the button ” recoverspositioned at the bottom right of the screen. Once the process is complete, a popup will appear. Click the View button to view the recovered files.
4DiG can scan your lost files for free, if you find the file you want to recover, you need to purchase a 4DDiG registration code. There is a 30% discount on the 4DiG website, compared to other data recovery products, 4DDiG is a bargain.
So ! That’s all it takes to recover deleted PPT file with Tenorshare 4DiG Data Recovery.
Solution 3: Recover unsaved PowerPoint file from temporary files
If you are not interested in the above methods, you can try to recover your PowerPoint document from temporary files. You may not know it, but Office temporarily keeps unsaved files there. Recoverable within 4 days, of course counting from the day of backup.
However, you will only be able to find your file if you have Autosave enabled in PowerPoint when it goes missing. Anyway, you don’t lose anything to check. Follow the path below to restore your unsaved PowerPoint presentation.
Step 1: Open Windows Explorer
collect keys Win + E To quickly open Windows Explorer.
Step 2: Go to the “Office” or “UnsavedFiles” folder
Once File Explorer opens, enter one of the following paths in its local address field:
- For Windows 7: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel
- For Windows (11/10/8): C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles
Be sure to replace user name With the name of the account you are logged into. Do this or else an error message like this will appear as soon as you try to access one of these addresses.
I did the replacement, but it didn’t change anything. This means that no temporary file has been created by Office PowerPoint or has already been deleted. In either of these two cases, file recovery is impossible.
Step 3: Recover unsaved PPT document from temporary files
On the other hand, if you can go to the aforementioned address, you will likely find a file there. If so, select it and then copy and paste it to another location.
Solution 4: Recover the unsaved PowerPoint file from a new PPT document
You shut down your computer while working on a PPT presentation. So you do not have time to save them. No problem, we tell you How to Find Unsaved PowerPoint From a new presentation.
Step 1: Launch the program and go to the File tab in PowerPoint
Step 2: Access your unsaved presentations
- First click on the option ” Other presentationsWhich is located in the middle right column just below the recent items list.
- Then select the option ” Restore unsaved presentations“.
Step 3: Restore the unsaved PPT to a new file
In the pop up who opened a file. Select it, then click ” to open in the lower right tab of the pop-up window.
Then choose ” Restoresin the bar above the file to save it as a new PPT document.
Congratulation ! You just restored a PPT presentation from a new file.
Tips to avoid data loss on your Windows
Many tricks exist and can help you prevent data loss on your Windows. But we will talk to you here only about the most practical, convenient and efficient. Here are some good feedbacks that will prevent you from losing other data on your computer.
- Reduce the delay between auto-saving your PPT presentations. Cut the time in half to always have an up-to-date copy of your presentation.
- Save your work regularly using the shortcut ” CTRL+SFeel free to abuse it.
- It is preferable to edit your PowerPoint documents on a computer with a little independence. If you work on a desktop, consider connecting it to a UPS. Thus, you will no longer suffer losses due to power outages.
- Replace the disk early when it shows the first signs of failure to avoid irreversible data loss.
- Don’t use all the space on your disks or USB keys so you don’t lose important data. It is recommended to keep at least 25% of the disk space free to prevent any crash.
- Back up your important files to one or more external media at least once a month. For added security and convenience, you can opt for online storage spaces such as Google Drive.
- Avoid moving or carrying your laptop when it is in standby mode or in standby mode.
- Always make sure that removable media (USB external drive, USB key, etc.) has been properly ejected before removing it from your computer.
- Install an effective antivirus program on your computer.
Since losing PowerPoint can be harmful, 4 different ways to recover an unsaved presentation have been shown. Depending on the situation or situation, some may be more appropriate than others. So you will have to choose them according to the situation that arises.
For example, in case of accidental deletion of PPT data, you can choose Tenorshare 4DiG Data Recovery solution. It is reliable, fast and accessible to all users, even beginners.
The valuable advice given at the end of the article will be very useful to you. Because it will help you to avoid data loss on Windows and enjoy your files anytime.