Did you delete WhatsApp messages intentionally or unintentionally? Fortunately, this act is reversible. Do you know that there are several solutions to recover deleted WhatsApp messages? Besides the option to recover from backup or restore via Drive, one of the most effective ways to achieve this is to use tools like Tenorshare UltData. How do you use these different solutions? We tell you everything.
Restore deleted WhatsApp messages from backup
One of the easiest ways to recover deleted WhatsApp messages is to go through the backup. In fact, WhatsApp has implemented an automatic backup system for Android devices. It starts automatically every day at 2 AM and allows your data to be stored in your phone’s internal memory.
Unfortunately, messages that undergo this type of backup are only kept for 7 days. At the end of this period, it is permanently erased from the device. This solution is only valid for messages deleted in the last 7 days. Concretely, how does recovery take place in this case?
- Open your phone’s file manager.
- Navigate to the WhatsApp media file and then to the “Databases” folder.
- Type “databases” in the search bar to find the folder faster.
- Click on the folder and scroll down to the folder named “msgstore.db.crypt14”, which is a backup of your encrypted WhatsApp messages.
- Long press on the file and choose “Rename” to change the file name to “msgstore_BACKUP.db.crypt12”.
- Click OK to confirm the change.
- Uninstall the app, then reinstall it.
- Log in to your WhatsApp account and check that the “Restore Backup” option on the homepage of the app is correct.
- Let the backup continue to 100%, which should completely restore all deleted messages.
Recover deleted WhatsApp messages without backup with Tenorshare UltData for Android
So what happens if you don’t set up the local backup or you exceed the legal 7 days? Without backup, one of the best solutions to recover deleted WhatsApp messages is to use recovery software like Tenorshare UltData for Android. To use this solution, here’s how you proceed:
- Download and install the program from the official website. For the first use, click on “Free Trial” being careful to check that your version of Windows is compatible.
- the downloaded tool, click ” WhatsApp data recovery“.
- Select the appropriate option for your need among the proposed solutions, which is ” google drive data recovery“.
- Connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable and enable the file transfer option.
- Create a backup of your device data from the program, which should start the scan. Keep the phone connected until the scan is complete.
- At the end of the analysis, the program displays all the scanned data, not only messages, but also labels and media files.
- Select the deleted WhatsApp messages and click “Recover”.
The whole point of this solution is that it also allows you to recover deleted messages.
Recover Android WhatsApp messages in Google Drive
Apart from the above two methods, it is possible to recover deleted WhatsApp messages via Google Drive backup. In addition to keeping your message and media history in the local backup, WhatsApp also takes care of them in this cloud.
In general, when creating your WhatsApp account, it is necessary to associate it with the Gmail address from which the backup is performed. From the application settings, it is possible to select the backup frequency by choosing one of the following options:
- “Only when I hit save”;
- ” everyday ” ;
- “all weeks”;
- “All months.”
With this option, all backed up messages can be recovered, without exception. To find them, just uninstall and reinstall the WhatsApp application. Upon reinstallation, the backup starts automatically.