You are facing an issue where iPhone heats up under load since the iOS 16 update. You are worried that it will damage your device in the long run. Your concern is completely legitimate.
Overheating can lead to a malfunction in the touch screen… and bugs in the operating system. This can cause irreversible damage to the device in the long run if nothing is done to fix it.
You would like to solve this problem, but you have no idea how to achieve it. You don’t have to worry about it anymore. In this article, we will give you several simple and effective methods to prevent an iPhone from overheating.
Why does my iPhone get hot under load?
The causes of an iPhone overheating while charging can be diverse. Here are some of the reasons why this type of problem can occur.
An incompatible charger
The iPhone can get warm if the charger it is connected to is not its own (OEM). Because the voltages supplied by the latter can be too high, weak or even unstable.
In any case, this can cause malfunctions and increase the temperature of the smartphone. It is for this reason that it is not recommended to use any charger other than that supplied by the original equipment manufacturer.
An inappropriate plastic case
Apple smartphones can also overheat if they are kept fully charged in a plastic case. This can indeed happen if the heat generated by the charging device is not properly dissipated. If so, the temperature will only rise.
Exposure to excessively high temperatures
Like other devices, iPhones can heat up when exposed to high temperatures above 35°C. An iPhone that is charging and hit by strong sunlight can become very hot within minutes. The result is the same if placed next to a large heat source or in a hot environment.
An overused processor!
When the processor of the charging phone performs heavy tasks, the temperature of the device quickly reaches a critical level.
This can happen, for example, when playing very resource-intensive games. Or by simply watching high quality videos on streaming platforms such as YouTube and Netflix.
The iPhone can also get hot if there are many apps or updates running in the background.
In any of these cases, the processor is severely stressed. And when it does, it overheats and the device suddenly turns into a real hotplate.
What solutions should you consider to fix iPhone heating up under load?
There are many solutions to cool down an iPhone that heats up under load. But it’s not always easy to find your way. With this in mind, we have selected the 5 best methods for you. Rest assured, we tested them and they proved to be particularly effective in fixing our overheating iPhone.
Method 1: Close background apps
Your iPhone overheats while charging. You don’t know what to do. Why not start closing apps running in the background? You may not know it, but sometimes background apps can cause the device to heat up. And the only way to bring it down is to stop all applications involved. Here’s how to get there.
- Go to the home screen of your smartphone.
- Once you’re there, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Then pause once you’re in the middle.
- Apps running in the background on your device should now appear as a scroll.
- All you need to do to cool down the iPhone is close the one you are not using. To do this, swipe the screen to the left or right to find the applications to interrupt. As soon as you come across one, swipe it up on the screen to immediately close it.
- Then repeat the operation until you quit all the applications you are not using.
- To return to the home screen, click the ” Yieldat the top or bottom of the screen.
Method 2: Stop charging if your iPhone overheats during iOS update
You charge your iPhone while updating iOS. This may be the cause of overheating. You may not have noticed, but phones tend to heat up a little while charging. And it is the same during a system update.
Suddenly, by combining charging and iOS update, the iPhone becomes twice as hot as usual. Fortunately, the solution to this problem is simple. While updating the operating system, you just need to unplug the charger.
Method 3: iOS Bug Causes “iPhone Too Hot” Warning? ReiBoot can solve it
Ever since the iOS update, your phone keeps showing the “iPhone needs to cool down” warning. You have tried different cooling methods, but none have had the desired result. If it does, it’s probably due to a bug in the new iOS.
In this case, the methods discussed above will not work. The only way to get rid of this bug is to intervene directly on the operating system of the smartphone. And to do that, you need an efficient, reliable and fast tool like Tenorshare ReiBoot. This one is made to fix many iOS issues including iPhone overheating. Here is the path to follow to lower your iPhone’s temperature using ReiBoot.
Step 1: Download and install ReiBoot on their computer
To solve your iPhone overheating problem with Tenorshare ReiBoot, you need a computer. PC or Mac, it doesn’t matter as the software is available on both Windows and macOS. Once you have the computer, download and install the version of the app that is compatible with your operating system.
Click here to instantly download ReiBoot for Windows (11, 10, 8.1, 8 or 7). If you are using a Mac instead, click the following hyperlink to download Reiboot for macOS.
After the download is complete, install the program. To do this, double-click on the settings and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Step 2: Fix iPhone heating up under load with ReiBoot
After installing it successfully, run ReiBoot. Then follow the steps listed below to fix the phone heating up issue.
- Connect the iPhone to be repaired to the computer with a USB cable. Please wait for the computer to recognize it. Then press the ” To startto start the procedure.
- On the new page that has just appeared, you will be presented with several options. Select ” standard repairBut please take a moment to read the notes before you begin the surgery.
- When you are ready to start the repair, click the ” standard repair» placed at the bottom.
- To fix your iPhone, ReiBoot will download the latest firmware package. It should weigh about 5 GB. You can choose another location if the default location doesn’t work for you.
- To do this, click in the header field ” Path“. Then select the new location where the firmware will be downloaded. When you have made your choice, click on ” To download “.
- Downloading may take a while. It all depends on your bandwidth. The faster it is, the shorter the waiting time.
- When the download is complete, a new page will appear. You read about it” Perform basic repairClick it to fix your iPhone’s heating problem.
- Finally, wait while ReiBoot rids your device of the bug that caused it to overheat.
Method 4: Remove the phone case
As explained earlier, the hull can also promote the temperature rise of the iPhone. Indeed, it can prevent the ventilation of the device which, once charged, will store heat.
If your phone shows the high temperature warning while it’s in its case, consider taking it out. If only for the duration of the charge. With this simple gesture, you can effectively solve your iPhone’s heating problem.
Method 5: Turn off your iPhone and restart it when it cools down
Another method that is just as easy as the previous one is to turn off the device and turn it back on after it cools down. You are having trouble turning off your device. The method of turning iOS on and off is not always the same from one iPhone model to another.
For example, to disable an iPhone with Face ID, do the following:
- Press the side button and one of the volume buttons on the smartphone.
- Hold them down until the sliders appear on the screen.
- Then drag the slider Turn ofto switch off the appliance and let it cool down.
When the device has cooled down, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
We just introduced the top five methods to cool down an overheated iPhone. Of course there are several others, but not all of them are equally effective. However, if you are facing iPhone heating up after iOS 16, feel free to rely on Tenorshare ReiBoot. He’ll get over it soon.
This iPhone/iPad recovery tool is very efficient indeed. In addition to cooling the device, it takes care of repairing the iOS system regardless of the failure that occurred. Indeed, it is essential in solving more than 150 iOS problems (running start, black screen, etc.).
You can also count on it to enable or disable recovery mode, downgrade iOS without jailbreak, reset or save your device. As you will have understood, this software is one gadget for iPhone and iPad users.